Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Quick, Go -To Breakfast Or Otherwise Meal

Yes, you read right, I make this for any meal.  And it has become my quick, go- to meal, when I just can't think of what else to make.  Or I really don't feel like making anything, but know that I have to make something!
 
  CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST 
 
 
This meal really is a "no brainer", and obviously, you just add more ingredients depending on the number of people to feed! 
 
Ingredients
(all approximated, 'cause I wing it. I'm just that kind of girl!)
2 slices of bread (bet you figured that one out already!)
 2 eggs (I use free range)
a splash of milk (approx. 1/3 cup) (I use soy milk)
1 tsp. cinnamon (to taste)
salt and pepper as desired
 
Directions
 
In bowl, mix all ingredients together, either with a whisk or fork.  Dip both sides of a single piece of bread in mixture, and place in frying pan on low to medium heat, for approx. 4-5 min. per side.  I spray the frying pan with cooking spray.
 
When ready, place on plate, and add your choice of toppings.  My personal favorite is maple syrup! 
 
 
Yum!
 
Sue

 
 
Happy Go Lucky

7 comments:

  1. That looks SO good. It’s snowing outside and it’s cold today, and I just decided what I’ll be treating myself to for lunch, thanks to you!

    New follower via Prowess and Pearls’ new link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband loves French Toast and I love your plates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue! One of my family's favorite breakfast! You can barely see theirs though, through the layer of syrup they pour on it! :-) Thanks so much for linking up! Have a blessed week!:-)

    Michell @Prowess and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I just realized I had the wrong picture link in the code box. I just updated it if you wanted to replace the old one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks SO yummy! I'm sot sure what it is-I think I must be cursed when it comes to making french toast-it never comes out right for me! haha I'll have to give this a try though.

    New follower from the blog hop! Nice to 'meet' ya! :) Amy from Clippie Dips

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following from the blog hop. I am with you breakfast anytime. Looks yummy. cheermamadrama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm French Toast! If I had some non-crunchy bread I might make some tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and would love if you would take a minute to say "Hi"!.