Monday, January 14, 2013

I'm Downstairs, But It's Looking Up!

I hope you all had a great weekend!  Ours was a half productive/half 24 hour stomach virus, kind of weekend.
 
Since it was quite mild yesterday, at least Mr. House Pretty was able to get all the Christmas lights and decorations off the house and lawn.  I would have liked that little project completed by New Year's Day, you know, fresh start and everything?  However, when everything is covered with a layer of ice, I can be reasonable.
 
I have some more decluttering to show you all, but this morning, what I'm doing instead is painting the ceiling going down the stairs, and in the hallway leading into our family room.  
 
I had a goal set for this past weekend, to finish this job, so that we can hang the coats back up in the downstairs coat closet, and get everything off the family room floor.  Guess how that turned out?! 
 
 
Not so good!   I ran out of rollers, not paint.  For once!  So, off to the hardware store I went.  A brand spankin' new pack of rollers are downstairs, and I'm off to finish this job and cross something else off my list!  Whoo! Hoo!
 
 Hopefully, tomorrow I will have another Decluttered space to show you.  Fingers crossed!
 
By the way, do you see that darkened room, straight ahead in the picture.  That's our family room. Granted, there are no lights on in there in the picture, but even when there are, it doesn't get much natural light, and is pretty dark in there.   And, that's why I'm getting rid of all the dark beiges and browns in this house and lightening everything up, as mentioned in my 2013 GoalsJust sayin'!
 
Wishing you a light and airy kind of day!
 
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue! Thank you so much for your sweet comments, they mean the world to me. I will miss blogging and seeing everyone daily but I will be peeking in from time to time. I am so glad that we found each other you are such a gentle and sweet soul. I hope that things are going well, it looks like you are busy. :) Your blog looks beautiful, I like the changes. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and many blessings in the New Year. Here is my address: michelle.gerig@gmail.com, email me anytime my friend.
    Love and hugs!
    Michelle
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to paint the bathroom ceilings and I dread it. I like the idea of lightening things up with paint, g/luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's always so much to do and one thing leads to another! I'm off to buy paint for our bathroom tomorrow! I can't wait to get that room done! Enjoy your week! Hope everyone feels better now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it

    Feel free to visit my weblog; cash payout on a structured settlement

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and would love if you would take a minute to say "Hi"!.