Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Basket Turned Hair Accessories' Holder

I'm a bit late getting this up today, because I was finishing a book I borrowed from a girl, in a Mother's Club I've been going to.  The title of the book is The Strong-Willed Child, by Dr. James Dobson.  Terrific book with a ton of common sense!

So, anyway, back to what makes my blog named House Pretty!

I was looking for IT.  I didn't exactly know what IT would be, but I knew when I found IT, that I would know it.
 
You see, the barrettes I used to use in our daughter's hair, no longer serve the purpose, because now, she has all the hair to her ears, back in one ponytail behind her head.  However, I had no good pretty idea for storing the elastics.
 
  I have seen ideas on Pinterest for putting the hair accessories in a clear plastic shoe organizer, and hanging it on the wall, or in the closet.  But, it just wasn't pretty.  And, I like pretty, so it was time to find pretty!
 
Then one day, while strolling through the isles of a thrift store, I found IT.

 
 
And IT matches Honey Babes' chandelier in her room I showed here (not the best picture, and missing window trim), almost to perfection.


I have to say, this was the easist "project" I have ever had.


 
 
So, for the elastics that weren't short enough to attach solo, I clip them to the sides.  And, the middle holds her brush, and any larger bows on elastics.

  And, best of all, I had saved those little babies' clothespins you see along the sides, from a leftover project.

(And yes, her room is still a pretty creamy yellow, this picture just shows it as pink.)
 
Works like a charm, and she won't grow out of it!
 
By the way, sorry I'm so late getting a picture up, of our newly painted kitchen!  It will be up before the end of the week. I had issues, boy, did I have issues!  And, my issues will save you all some aggravation in the future.
 
Sue

4 comments:

  1. so GORGEOUS , Sue!!!!!! You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I knew if I waited long enough, I'd find exactly what I was looking for, I just didn't know what form it would take!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using? I'm
    looking to start my own blog in the near future but
    I'm having a tough time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique.
    P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I
    had to ask!
    My web site ; quick loan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you on this. I'm using Blogger. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and would love if you would take a minute to say "Hi"!.