Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Peanut Butter Balls, Yummy!

Hi all, I'm back!  And, just in time to recap a recipe I showed from last year, before most people even knew I was here, lol!  And, before I had any kind of decent "after" shot for people to be able to pin on Pinterest (hint! hint! hint!  There, that's obvious enough, I guesss, lol!)

PEANUT BUTTER BALLS

 
 
  (Feel free to Pin it!)
 
You will need...
 
(I, oh so foolishly, quadrupled it!)
 
1/2 cup butter
4 cups confectioner's sugar
2 cups creamy peanut butter
3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons shortening

In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, sugar, peanut butter...1 cup...

I think this was cup no. 4. And, I was covered in the peanut butter! Remember I mentioned I quadrupled the recipe? It was not a good idea.

This was why

I ran out of room with this last year and...enter largest bowl on the scene, the one to the right.  (This year, it was worse.  I started with the one on the right, and then had to bring a huge put along side this bowl, and keep mixing from one to the other, to make sure everything was thoroughly mixed.  What a mess!)
 

...and Rice Krispy cereal together thoroughly




Roll into small balls and set aside


Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a small double broiler over low heat and remain there to keep mixture in liquid form. Here's where I improvised. I don't own a double broiler. So, I just put a smaller pot on the stove with water in it, and placed a larger pot on top, and held it very carefully.

(Gosh, if I thought my pictures now, leave something to be desired, this photo above that I took last year, sure was pathetic!)


Coat the small balls in the chocolate mixture.

First, I tried it this way...

Using tongs


But, then I thought, this is going to take a month of Sundays to coat them all!

So, then, with Mr. House Pretty's assistance, I tried it this way

And, it went much more quickly!


Refrigerate for several hours.

This year, Mr. House Pretty counted  310 peanut butter balls in total, with all sheets of them!

And, again...
 
 
I am putting peanut butter balls, along with some other goodies, which I will be sharing through the rest of the week, in Christmas tins for Christmas gifts. Plus, I have plenty more! You know, if I thought these would ship well, I would offer a giveaway for a few dozen of these, because we have that many!
 
Come back tomorrow to see what else came out of my oven!

Sue



I'm linking up to these parties:

Five Days 5 Ways - Feature Friday

Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hippo - Anything Goes Linky Party

My Turn (For Us) - Freedom Fridays

Homemaker On A Dime - Creative Bloggers Party And Hop

2 comments:

  1. 310 peanut butter balls? You deserve an award for persistence! They look wonderful, and I'm sure the recipients are going to love to get them as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my Sue!! you are a true baker!!! amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and would love if you would take a minute to say "Hi"!.