Friday, December 21, 2012

Gingerbread Boys


Hi there!  Decided to squeeze in a recipe I showed way back last Christmas for Gingerbread Boys, just in case you missed it, which many of you very well may have.  Ironically, this is also the last one I posted about last year, as well!
 
GINGERBREAD BOYS

 
(Feel free to Pin it!)

 

Ingredients...
 
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tespoon salt
1 tesspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup molasses
2 eggs
Place flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking soda




and allspice in medium bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside


Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl


with electric mixer at medium speed about 5 minutes



until light and fluffy


Beat in molasses and eggs


 
until well blended

Beat in flour mixture at low speed until well blended. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Oops, forgot these pictures, and the following steps!

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease large cookie sheets; set aside. Working with one piece of dough at a time, place dough on lightly floured surface. Roll out dough with lightly floured rolling pin to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut out dough with 3 inch gingerbread boy shaped cookie cutters. Here is where I improvise. Mine are no 3 inch gingerbread boy cookie cutters! Mine are man sized gingerbread man shaped cookie cutters! Place cookies 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Decorate men boys with smarties or other candies for eyes, nose, mouth, and two buttons down the middle of the stomach. Bake 10 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are golden brown. Let stand on cookie sheet 1 minute. Remove cookies to wire rack; cool completely.

Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies. Mine don't make nearly that many, again, because of the size of my cookie cutters.

Now, I confess, I don't put candies on the face for the eyes, nose, and mouth. I would actually love to decorate, with frosting, those areas, as well as outline the men boys with frosting. However, Mr. House Pretty packs these to give as gifts to several family members, and all the frosting would be a mashed up mess, by the time the people received them.
And, the end result, again, is this. I'm such a nerd. I do my best to have no two with the same "look"


And, so you can meet one in person. You know, get to know the individual and all!



 
Many of you may be wondering right about now, if I have a life or not, with all the baking I did. I do my best to bake everything we eat in our household. Once in a while, Mr. House Pretty will come home with something store bought, and he gets the look! I understand that most of this is not nutritious. So, I figure, that at least I can save us from some of the chemicals and other ingredients from the store bought cookies, that we can't pronounce!
 
Enjoy!
 
Sue




I'm joining these linky parties:

Homemaker On A Dime - Creative Bloggers Party And Hop

 

2 comments:

  1. Sue, you sure can bake, uh? I wish I had this talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, there is nothing better than a good gingerbread cookie! Good for you baking all of your food, oh, I know there is nothing better than homemade! Merry Christmas1

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and would love if you would take a minute to say "Hi"!.