Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Decorating With A Little Pretty


Hi everyone!  Bet you thought I fell off the planet, or was just too ashamed of my lack of decorating to post it. 
 
Nope!
 
The reason I wasn't posting any of it, is because I was trying to simplify and sort what I wanted from what I didn't...

Then, quite honestly, it just struck me, that while I have been trying to make it a little more pretty around these parts, I wasn't sharing my pretty with everyone!  
 
Now, personally, I was all for donating everything I wasn't going to use.  But then the Mr. thought, perhaps I shouldn't be in quite that much of a rush to get rid of everything.  For instance, what if I decided, after I changed my coloring up some, which by the way, I have wanted to do for about 10 years now, that I didn't like the new look, Heaven forbid, I would kinda' be screwed!
 
  So I listened to sound reasoning, and picked out what I was going to use this year, and he put the rest in the shed, for me to "stew over" for a year or two.  Until I decide if I like the less is more kinda' thing going on around here. 
 
I'm going to do this over a few posts.  Don't want to overwhelm you all, after all...
 
Here is what I came up with for our kitchen table centerpiece. 

BUT...before I go any further, I didn't take ANY pictures of the steps involved, because, quite frankly, I winged it as I went, and I didn't want to mess with my creativity to take step by steps.  There, I've said it.  Complete.  Raw.  Honesty!

I started with the same white tray I usually have on the table, is the size that should be in a dining room, kind of table
 
 
(Feel free to Pin it!)
 
I added two more candles, which I had, to my usual centerpiece, and took out my teapot, cream, and sugar set I usually have there.
 
Then, since Amanda wanted to help, I let her put the Christmas balls, which I already had, inside.  Then, I showed her how we could fix tweak it, lol!
 
Next up, I added some branches I permanently borrowed from some trees in the front of my mother's house.
 
Then when I asked the Mr. what he thought of it, he said...hmmm...could have a little white on the branches...
 
So, off I went to Michael's with a 40% off coupon, and picked up some white "snow", which I used for another project as well, and which I will get to use for several other years.  Therefore, minus the snow I paid  around $3.50 for (yes, they're gouging us price wise in Canada!) this project cost nothing. 


The above shot would be coming in from the back door.
 
 
This is the straight on angle, with the back door being off to the right, very top corner.
 
 
And this is looking down on the centerpiece, the same view you would have while reaching across the table for a bun...just before your sleeve caught on fire, lol!  Actually, I shouldn't really joke about that, because that really did happen to me once!
 
So, that's it for my kitchen.  Stay tuned, because we are off to the living room next!
 
Sue

 
 

I'm linking up to these parties:

Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up Party

My Romatnic Home Show And Tell Friday

French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Friday

Under The Table And Dreaming - Sunday Showcase Party

Nifty Thrifty Sunday

Boogieboard Cottage - Masterpiece Monday

Home Maker On A Dime - Creative Bloggers Party And Hop

The Girl Creative - Just Something I Whipped Up

Apron Thrift Girl - Thrift Share Monday

Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia - Tuesdays Treasures

Crafty Confessions - Tuesday Confessional

Not Just A Housewife - Show Me What You Got

The Everyday Home - Better Late Than Never Christmas Inspirations

The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday

The Melrose Family - Whimsy Wednesdays

My Girlish Whims - Your Whims Wednesday

Rose Chintz Cottage

Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesday

Someday Crafts - What Ever Goes Wednesday

Saving For Six - Think Tank Thursday

Dixie And Dottie - Countdown To Christmas Link Party

At The Picket Fence - Inspiration Friday

Five Days 5 Ways - Feature Friday Free For All 5D5W

Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hippo - Anything Goes Linky Party

My Turn (For Us) - Freedom Fridays





10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty glow to that centerpiece! Good choice to go with a bit of snow on the pine needles. (what did you wrap the candles with? gauze?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful centerpiece! I love the snow on the branches!!
    Can't wait to see more! :)
    I have been really slow at getting my house done...hopefully I will have pictures soon. :)

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. The centerpeice loooks so lovely when lit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,
    I love a centerpiece made with candles and natural elements; very pretty! Glad you're back to share. Enjoy the rest of your week, my NB friend.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! Great job! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_11_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the centerpiece! It's very cheery and festive. Your hubby gave you good advice about not throwing out too many of your things yet. I can't tell you how many regrets I have about being SURE that I'd never use something again. Thank you for linking up to the Better Late Than Never Christmas Inspirations bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue - the snow adds a nice touch to your centerpiece. I am the same way about wanting to get rid of stuff just to regret it down the road. Wise decision. Thanks for linking up to the Better Late Than Never Inspiration party. Happy Holidays to you and to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So festive!!! Love it.

    Merry Christmas

    Now following via Facebook:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This seems sooo elegant and perfect! I love the combination of greenery and candles in this Christmas table decorations, plus the ribbon. This is such a festive yet elegant centerpiece for the holiday table. Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marilyn! The cost was negligible yet pretty, which is exactly what I like!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and would love if you would take a minute to say "Hi"!.