Thursday, November 8, 2012

White Fireplaces?

 
White Fireplaces.
 
Well, what do you all think?  Because I've been really tempted to paint our gray fireplace brick out, in white, sinced we moved into this house.
 


So pretty!

The accessories aren't bad either, lol!



So chic!





Now, this would be more like what ours would look like, since we have bookshelves on either side of our fireplace.

But instead, this is what our fireplace looks like now



which I showed you back here in Decluttering 101

The picture above also has me wanting to spray out in white, our natural wood, wicker wingback chairs in our livingroom.  Only problem?  Mr. House Pretty would so not be happy!  And, considering I gave them to him as a gift for our 1 year of dating a long, long, time ago, they kind of aren't mine to do anything with, if you get my drift?
 
All those pictures of white painted fireplaces later...I was so tempted to paint ours, in fact, that probably a year ago, I went through the trouble, early one Saturday morning, of taping the edging of the hardwood flooring around the hearth. 
 
But then Mr. House Pretty woke up, looked down into our livingroom, and asked me what I was doing.  When I told him I finally got the guts up to do it, he kind of raised his eyebrows, and asked me if I was really sure, because once it is painted, I can't go back.
 
Then I chickened out.
 
And then, guess what happens when you are poking around the web?  You find all kinds of fireplaces painted out in white.  And, you also find a real estate agent's site telling you that buyers are looking for houses with the paneling and dated fireplaces painted out in white.
 
And then you get thinking again...
 
What to do, what to do...? 
 
Sue


1 comment:

  1. Sue, I like the white colour idea...I think it would fit your fireplace so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and would love if you would take a minute to say "Hi"!.