Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Suffering With The Flu And Chicken/Rise Casserole

 
I'm getting kind of tired of being sick and tired.  Quite literally.  I've been coughing so much in the evenings that I've been giving Mr. House Pretty headaches!
 
I was just fried a couple of days last week, and on one of those days, around 3 P.M. I wandered out to the kitchen (Honey Babes was playing a computer game), and was wondering what I could make for supper, since Mr. House Pretty had made the last couple of meals.  
 
I should back up a bit first.  We have been trying to clean out our cupboards, freezer, both the one with the fridge, and the single unit one.  We have just had too much food getting buried, and we didn't want any of it to get past due.
 
So, I went to the fridge, saw some chicken thighs and legs, and thought I would do something with that.
 
Now, the first step was the most tiring, and I should have saved myself some work by boiling for a few minutes first, to aid in the removal of the skin.
 
 
 
Cooked a bit of rice.
 
 
Dumped the chicken on the rice.
 
 
Poured probably half a bottle of Diana Sauce over it.
 
 
And probably, 1/4 cup of soya sauce.
 
 
About 1 cup of salsa.
 
 
I also added approx. 1 tbsp of  garlic powder, approx. 2 tbsp. of Montreal chicken spice, and cut and sprinkled 1/2 dozen pieces of my home grown herb over it.  By the way, do you get the idea I should not be using scissors when I'm not feeling well.  The "haircut" I gave the plant has it feeling downright ashamed of itself!
 
I'm going to have to use this in another dish this week, to even it up and make it feel all bootiful again!
 
 
And, this is the finished dish.
 
 
 
 
I cooked it at 375 degrees, for about 1 1/4 hours.
 
  Delicious!
 
Sue
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and would love if you would take a minute to say "Hi"!.