Thursday, November 29, 2012

I'm In Stitches

Knitting stitches that is.   Hi there!  Do you all have your Christmas shopping completed yet?  Truthfully, mine isn't.  It is just getting started, because of what I'm giving. 
 
I bake.  Lots of it.  And I give baking for Christmas gifts.  And baking should be reasonably fresh, right?  So, next week I will start my baking.  And it will go downstairs to our deep freeze until the day before Christmas, at which time Mr. House Pretty will assemble it all in Christmas tins.  
 
I also started knitting my mother a new set of dishcloths.  Well, not that I would knit her an old set!  You know what I mean.  When I asked her a couple of weeks ago what she would like for a Christmas gift, well I kind of meant ideas for her birthday too, because it is December 29th, she told me she could use another set of dishcloths, because hers have had it.  Kind of wished I had of known that a while ago!
 

 
So, anyway, between finishing those off and other knitting projects, I just may or may not be working on something for around these here parts.
 
How many of you gals (and guys) have all your Christmas shopping done?
 
 
Sue
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. hi sue! thanks for visiting me, im so glad you stopped by. i love all your recipes. being originally from seattle washington i have spent a bit of time in canada (although not in your area) and yes it does get cold eh? :)
    hope you have a fabulous rest of the week, i will be back to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue!
    I love to bake too! I tend to freeze things because my husband doesn't like treats. Have you tried to mail your home baked goods before? I'm wondering if it would work for my family far away. I'm a new GFC follower from the grow your blog hop! Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, I'm your new follower and you have a lovely blog.
    You can visit my blog at http://cake-cookie-pie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lord, I don't even think I have but two tiny gifts bought! But I bake for the Holidays too and can't WAIT to give those gifts out to our friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, I still have bought anything... As usual, I'll be late.
    I'm a new follower now ;). Come and check out my blog anytime, I'm a knitter too

    http://ellecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, I have not even started. Yikes!!! Hate to say but am a last minute shopper (and wrapper, lol). It's wonderful that you are putting so much time and effort into baking gifts for everyone, I'm impressed! Love the kitchen dishtowel idea, hopefully you will post some pictures when it is all done. Always wanted to learn to knit. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, We live so far away from our families we usually just send gift cards. That seems like a cop out but when we're not around them we have no idea what they want or need. Enjoyed your post...Connie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and would love if you would take a minute to say "Hi"!.