Monday, November 5, 2012

Decluttering 101/Front Entry Coat Closet

Now, first I have to ask myself why I waited until now to take inventory of and start washing, all our winter wear?!
 
Maybe because I don't like winter and I was trying to postpone the inevitable as long as possible.  And maybe because I wasn't very well organized.  Or maybe it was a bit of both.

I started with this unorganized mess.

 
 
 
Including Honey Babes' ballet tutu, and our straw hats we picked up when in the Dominican Republic a few days after I found out I was pregnant, aahhh...I mean about the Dominican Republic, lol!
 
Well, I tackled/am tackling it over the next day.  I sorted out everything, threw out several single mitts with no mate, and currently have a huge pile of winter coats for the whole family, and snow pants for Honey Babes, piled on the laundry room floor, waiting to go through the hand wash cycle.

Next up will be heading out to purchase Honey Babes a new pair of snow mitts this week.  And, I think I'm going to get really ambitious and try knitting her a new winter hat and matching scarf.  Don't worry, she won't freeze until then.  She has a mismatched set she can use in the interim.
 
So, this is what our newly tidied front coat closet looks like now.


 
Much better!

 
And, with room to grow! I'm think I'm going to get a couple of inexpensive, cute basket to put up there.

Oh, and another detail I want to point out. See the white fabric shoe organized, attached to the rod, on the far left? Well, the summer shoes went into storage in our off season coat closet downstairs, this went through the laundry, and now the cubbies will store our sets of winter hats/scarves/mitts! Getting pretty clever as I age, I say, pretty clever!

What will I declutter this week?

Sue

4 comments:

  1. Hello Sue,
    I wish my front closet looked as good! Good job! Hope you have a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Decluttering is such a great feeling. :) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! You are so right. It does feel great to clean things up and clear things out, to know you only have in your house what you use and what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you design this website yourself or did
    you hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond
    as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. kudos

    Feel free to visit my web site ... low carb diätplan

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and would love if you would take a minute to say "Hi"!.